One Day before the start of the retreat (First Retreat by 2nd Nov, Second Retreat by 16th Nov), please complete the followings.
- Register for 10 mins daily interview slot with Delson
Daily interview will start from Day 2 of the retreat. All interviews will be conducted via Zoom. Delson is based in Cambodia and to cater for participants from different time-zones, we will have two sets of interview slots and you can pick the one that best works for you.
<Registration Link – Koen>
- If you’re new to TWIM method, at minimum please read through the supporting materials below.
Comprehensive set of supporting materials can be found here: https://www.dhammasukha.org/support-page-for-online-retreats.html.
The online retreat can be done alongside your normal daily living. However, it is totally up to you on how deeply you want to take the practice over the next 10 days (e.g. silent self-retreat). Each day, the foundation will provide daily reflection theme which will require you to read through the suttas, supporting notes and dhamma talk on the topic. We recommend you set aside at least 4 hours each day to dedicate your time to the retreat.
All sessions should be a minimum of 30min. Remember to keep a smile!
- Daily Theme: Reading Sutta, Explanation Notes and Dhamma Talk on the topic (the materials will be provided to your mailbox daily so you can focus and reflect on each day’s topic.)
- Meditate (if possible)
- Daily 10mins interview with Delson (dependent on your time zone. Note: Interviews will start from Day 2)
- 30 mins Group Zoom Q&A with Delson (timing may vary dependant on your time zone)
- Mediate before you go to bed if you’re not too tired
Retreat Daily Themes and Dhamma Talks
This retreat is centered on the Six R’s, using the Brahmaviharas as one’s object of meditation, with a sutta-based reflection on the fundamentals of the Dhamma that guide one to Nibbana, namely –
- The Four Foundations of Mindfulness (or Effective Observation of the Four Aspects of Conditioned Existence)
- The Five Aggregates
- The Three Characteristics
- The Four Noble Truths
- The Seven Factors of Awakening
- The Eightfold Path of the Noble Ones
- The Twelve Links of Dependent Origination
- Kamma, Consciousness and Rebirth
The suttas and themes that will be explored for each Dhamma talk are as per follows – details will be shared one day prior to the retreat start
Day 1 – Effective Choice and Effective Application
Day 2 – Effective Observation
Day 3 – Effective Collectedness
Day 4 – Effective Vision
Day 5 – The Five Aggregates
Day 6 – Consciousness and Rebirth
Day 7 – Kamma and Cessation
Day 8 – Eightfold Path of the Noble Ones
Day 9 – The Arahant